Sunday, May 3, 2015

When I was a little girl...

I wanted to be a ballerina princess (sleeping beauty or cinderella inspired I think?) an artist and then... I discovered Wonder Woman.
This is where you should start hearing the Wonder Woman theme song in your head.
I used to spin around with the pure conviction that when I when I was done I would be able to vanquish bad guys and be as much of a badass as Lynda Carter.

That never quite happened, but I do remember loving my WW underoos. :D and I never did stop spinning.
To this day I secretly (well not anymore since I'm telling you) stand with my hands on my hips in WW pose if I need to psych myself up for something.

So I've been playing with Wonder Woman sneakers for myself for some time. I've done a few pair for other people... but now I think I kind of NEED some for me, so I've been playing with an idea for a while.
She now looks like this.

So she'll be painted on a pair of sneakers I have already in hand (WOOHOOO) and I'll share those with you as I go.
What are you working on this weekend? Anything fun?




2 comments:

  1. I could never make my mind up what I wanted to be! Underneath all the wild ideas I knew I wanted to teach, but joining the circus could've been fun! (now some days in my class, I think I DID join the circus, lol). Here are days 117 - 123. Believe it or not, not one missed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing the Wonder Woman shoes!

    I tried something totally new today after seeing the weekly technique video on Joggles. Dropping alcohol inks on Yupo paper.

    ReplyDelete