Sunday, May 24, 2015

Inspiration... where do you get yours?

Mine comes from everywhere.... from family, from friendship, from beauty in the world, from ideas, from things people say or do or a spark of an idea put in my head by anything and then tada...I'm off and making something. Sometimes it turns out awesome, sometimes... eh... not so much.

But I find that when inspiration hits, it hits hard but unless I do something with it, it goes nowhere, so even if I just get the ideas down then they become mine forever.
True!
We had a talk about inspiration yesterday and what it means, and while I'm sure it means something different to everyone, the definition struck me though, because that's what inspiration is like for me... it's like a spark in my head, like someone turned the power on 
I also am pretty sure I don't breathe if I'm feeling creative block.... 

When I'm inspired, I'm prolific as well. I've been working on this tangle kit and it's nearly done now. 



I'm really enjoying the black and white on the dark green. It's almost like a new step after renaissance tiles! A completely different look. I may have to dig out a green pen to play with as well.

I hope you are enjoying your weekend... Memorial day is a quiet holiday for us. We're a military family and that means we spend a little more time remembering on Memorial day.

Until tomorrow, I hope you find your inspiration from something awesome, and that you make something amazing!



1 comment:

  1. Oops, almost forgot to post my work for today. Mustn't ruin my perfect record!

    Having too much fun with Procreate app on my iPad. I always get inspired by new tools. I have about 10 paintings in progress.

    ReplyDelete