Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Life gets in the way of your creative time!

I haven't been as creative as I'd like, my husband will be having surgery tomorrow. He has multiple kidney stones. (Ow ow ow) He's in good hands with the team that is taking care of him and hopefully after tomorrow he will be on the road to recovery but my posts might be a little sporadic here and there, just wanted to give you a heads up.

Tangling does let you focus though.
These are 2 of my favorite patterns, Pea-nuckle(Official tangle) and Sand Swirls(by Karry Heun)
both offer SO MUCH DEPTH once you add just a little shading.
Why not give them a try?

Bijou always seems to know what to say doesn't he?

Comfort

I find the very idea of "everything Zentangle" is . . . is a comfort to me, to my art and to my life in general. I am comforted in the fact that I no longer put myself down. Je suis un artiste, non? This has made me happy. And I use my Zentangle creations to make others happy: as gifts, surprises or RAZ's (Random Acts of Zentangle) . . . so I guess you could say I comfort myself and I can also comfort others, without effort, time or anxiety. Ahh . . . Comfort and joy.




4 comments:

  1. Ow Ow Ow is right! Hope it goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very eye~pleasing use of tangles. Hope that your husband feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. About a week ago I showed you a picture of a bucket full of shells that I had collected. I finally got them all cleaned and last night I got to tangle a few of them. I'll probably tangle a few more of them and then plan a class using them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I hope your husband is on the road to recovery quickly! You can probably tangle as you are sitting in the waiting room or at his bedside but I do understand that you may not be able to run to a computer to post them!

    ReplyDelete