Sunday, April 6, 2014

Time to break out some of those new pens

A while back I bought a ton of new pens,and then quickly found that I didn't quite need them yet. Well, I certainly could have used them at any time, but I liked them being brand new and looking at them untouched (I'm the same way with sneakers. I have 3 pair of converse just WAITING to be painted ) so I've had them in my little kit untouched. I didn't think today would be any different.

Anyway, I  knew it was time for a new project and decided to try one with some bolder patterns. I find that much of my work has a very "light" touch to it, but I do love bold and darker patterns. I picked Diva Dare #3 and here was my result. While working on this, I had 3 of my pens go "into retirement" which means I don't throw them out, they get tagged with a piece of blue painters tape and thrown in a baggie for emergencies and one run out of ink completely. It doesn't even have that much solid in it... so I'm going to say it was just time.

.

The shading in the center isn't as clear in the photo as I'd like, but otherwise I'm happy with it and it did make me push myself a little. The new pens were as fantastic as I knew they'd be.

1 comment: