Friday, April 18, 2014

How to Draw Budz

I've been drawing this pattern since... forever I think. I didn't see it stepped out anywhere so I thought I would do it.

I've called it Budz and I hope you like it!


Step 1: Make a loopy line. My example almost looks like cursive L's but it can be any type of swirly line you like.

Step 2: Add a swirl on a slightly angled stick, one motion anywhere on your curve. I opted to show you with it just across from each swirl. 

Step 3: You can either finish your flower on step 2 with a quick line up to the curve of your flower, or you can skip it and finish it off when you put in your teardrop shape for a leaf.

Step 4: Place a tiny line at the bottom of the teardrop shape

Step 5: Dots make things fun!

Step 6: I shade at the base of the flower and the curve of the leaf.

You can actually stop after step 3 and decorate it however you'd like, and this can be done in rows as a variation to fill a space. It's more versatile than it seems at first glance!

I look forward to seeing what you do with it! If you use it, please drop me a link so I can take a look!





1 comment:

  1. I love that pattern, it is so elegant and filigran. Thank you Kelly. :-)

    ReplyDelete