Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I do love a challenge!

Ok, so I am excited to make one blog post with not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4, yes FOUR different challenges completed. I suppose I could have combined a couple but that never occurred to me until I was typing this JUST NOW.
Hmm. Note to self for next time.

All but the last of these are in my small sketchbook, so at largest 4x6.

I'm going to post the pages that I got the challenge/dare from for you in case you want to join in and play along.

The first one is my first for the Wacky Zentangle Weekly challenge. It's the first time I've participated in one of these and it was a lot of fun. My style is a little looser, I just kind of played with it. The challenge was to tangle Easter Eggs. This year I don't think we are going to do real eggs, (the kids are older, C is in Germany until the day before, it's just weird this year and I'm not really big on celebrating Easter anyhow) so instead I made a card that I will send to a friend of mine for Easter. I think it turned out cute and was fun to do, and that's the goal anyway right?


This next one is The Diva's weekly dare #162. She calls it String Theory- Initial String, and has you use your initials for your string. BRILLIANT! I am always having a hard time coming up with strings. 


Moving right along... 
This one was to use on "G" tangles, I used:
Girdy
Geos
Grid
Gingham

And my last one is from the Bright Owl's Zendala Dare.
She isn't currently posting new challenges, but I came in at the end so I've simply gone back, checked them all out and am slowly working my way through them all. There are close to 100, so that should keep me busy for a while. This is #6 and I've had it ALMOST done for weeks, but just finally finished it. 
This one is larger, probably 6" in diameter. There's a mistake in there that I see every time I look at it so I may redo it another time... or you know, just let it go (cue Disney music here) and remind myself that perfection isn't a virtue. :)



8 comments:

  1. All are so very pretty! I think you should let go the 'mistake' in the Dare, don't forget there are no mistakes in zentangle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the perspective of the zendala dare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All are very lovely! Especially I like your zendala! Wonderful depth here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All are very nice thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete