Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Found Poetry....

I took a class this weekend at Camerida with the AMAZING Cherryl Moote, if you don't know her work, you should check her out.  It was on found poetry. I've seen it before, I've done some looking into blackout poetry, etc, but the truth is... I'm not much of a poet.
I like Dr Seuss and while I can appreciate poetry mine tends to often read like that of a 14 year old girl.
Which isn't awful, I mean, I was a 14 year old girl once but that was a while ago. :)
So I was a little skeptical and hesitant. I'll be honest here, I was nervous and felt totally out of my comfort zone. One of the great things about this weekend was how often I was pushed out of my comfort zone. It makes one grow, even if it's not super comfortable at the time.
So here is my found poetry in process. I have a bit more done with it and hope to finish it up today.
I used a technique Cherryl taught about faux eco printing (that I loved!) and I used my new inktense blocks, which I loved and then I kind of got stuck.
But I'm working at it. :)


Hope everyone is having a great week and being productive! I have a big event this weekend I'm pretty excited about so I'll be prepping for that and then hopefully lots of pen time!

Show me cool stuff friends!


2 comments:

  1. I have my weekly post today. My activity for today was getting my colouring book listed on amazon. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete