Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Sugar, Spice, a little Chemical X and a whole LOT of awesome!

Today I want to share some things with you that I am super excited about. Like... superhero level excited.
I give you....


The Powerpuff Girls.

They aren't done yet... I have so much I want to still do with them. I am a huge PPG fan though, of all the things my kids ever watched, I used to get excited to sit down and watch Bubbles, Blossom and Buttercup with my daughter. My son was too little and has only recently discovered the awesome with us during our rewatch sessions.

I don't know if this pair is ever going to make it into my shop. They're my size... I bought the sneakers because they were on sale and I couldn't resist the colors. So they may find a permanent home on my own feet for once. :D

Speaking of feet...
So I said that there was a lot of awesome right?

Well, if you aren't familiar with Peach's Neet Feet you are about to be.
:D I'm going to be volunteering time and artwork to their cause.
I took this directly from their site so you can hear it summed up in their words.
"Peach’s Neet Feet is a random acts of kindness based, non-profit organization that provides custom, hand-painted shoes to children living with disabilities and fighting serious illnesses."


So that means I can take some of my creativity and channel it into a cause that I really believe in and am HAPPY to participate with. Voted one of the best Non-profits of 2014 and with a random act of kindness philosophy to stand behind this is a no-brainer for me.
AND I get to paint shoes?!?! YES PLEASE!

So, please go check them out, show them some love on social media and stay tuned because I'll have my first pair of shoes for them in hand hopefully soon. :)

Seriously, it makes my heart so happy to have gotten involved with this and I'm really thrilled to be sharing it with all of you.
I will be adding a peach to all of the shoes I do for that cause and today I'm going to design what mine will look like as my creative project.

I hope you have an awesome day. :)




3 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you get to combine your art with a worthy cause. Congratulations, can't wait to see the shoes you design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a wonderful cause you're getting involved in, looking forward to your designs.

    For myself, this is Wednesday when I share all the items for the week on my blog, including today's piece, a new circular grid with my own pattern Demi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great organization! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete