Tuesday, February 3, 2015

It's ok to share things you are still working on!

Sometimes we have projects that take a while, well... at least I do.
If you are so inclined, please feel free to post those as your creative, it doesn't mean you aren't creative if you didn't finish!

I was thinking I might start doing some Vine videos of tangle patterns if you're interested, let me know what you think in the comments! Maybe 1 per week?
Today, it's not in Vine form but paper, I wanted to share with you my new tangle. I call it Away-sis and it was inspired by a small patch of green leafy foliage.
It looks a bit like Quandry (which is NOT at all Zen-like for me to create) but you get there in a completely different way.
Away-sis by Kelly Barone, CZT


Anyway here is my work in progress for your viewingtoday! Mandalas for my art journal.

I have a long way to go on it, but I'm pleased with where it is going.


Today's Bijouism is my favorite.

Inspire

Imagine the thought that I could inspire someone else to draw, when they absolutely knew they could not, no way, never, no how . . . even draw a straight line. Of course, you may never have to draw a straight line in the Zentangle Method, but I suppose you could if you wanted to. Sometimes, what I think is just a "so so" Zentangle creation, may awaken the artistry in another simply by just being there, at the right time. Imagine . . . me, Bijou, being (or should that be snailing?) an inspiration to someone else. C'est magnifique!






6 comments:

  1. I love your tangle - I just used it in the Spoondala, still working on that.

    Today, I have another in my Circular grid tangles, Eye-Wa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it! (I still need to work on my spoondala!) Love your circular grid tangles! It's really making me rethink some of my "standbys"

      Delete
  2. I just wanted to quickly post a pic on pinterest of what I did today and then get to bed at a decent time today.... That was 50 minutes ago... Why do I always fall into the pinterest-trap??

    Anyways... I've been practicing new tangles with M for the that's-new-to-me challenge... Learned 6 new ones. Well 5, because one of them I just couldn't get right... But fell in love with Maryhill... Looks so cool and is great to draw...

    Your new tangle looks nice, Kelly. I will have to try it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because Pinterest is an alternate dimension that steals hours from your life? :D :D :D I do it too....
      I hope you like the new one. :) It's fun to do!

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to trying that tangle tomorrow. I love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this tangle....you are so prolific!

    ReplyDelete