Thursday, April 16, 2015

Ghostly images or shadows or whatever...

This is how sneakers start out... well, actually they start at the factory but then they get sent to me and they are beautiful, crisp, amazing canvases!
 And then I pull out all the ideas I have in my brain and make them look all messy.

I always think they look haunted at this point. I always think of these as my "ghost images" which are initially sketched in in chalk and then I use my own special "primer mix" to ghost my images in.
It's partly responsible for why they can be washed when some others can't.
But I like to think of them as "ghost images" of ideas to come.

These are for a little boy with CP. He likes Nickelodeon and camping and I hope he really loves these when they're done.

Right now I'm in the process of mixing paint until it's exactly the color of artificial cheese. LOL.
Oddly, or not so oddly, it's making me hungry.
I am a sucker for fake cheese.
Mac & cheese, cheese poofs, cheez- its, goldfish crackers...
Yeah.
I know, I should be ashamed of myself and go eat an apple or something.

But I think I nailed it. Artificial cheese color for the win!

Mmmmm goldfish!
So what are your plans this weekend? Anything fun?

2 comments:

  1. My hubby works part-time on weekends. So for me, I spend my time in the studio. This weekend, I'll be working on my new online class. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Online class? one you are taking or teaching?

      Delete