Friday, April 21, 2017

The pink trees

On my street, on the treelawn we have a stretch of these gorgeous trees that have pink flowers.
They aren't cherry blossoms, but the appearance is similiar and for a few days we have these incredible, gorgeous pink lined streets.

For about 5 minutes.
Then it rains, every year and the wind blows and they all fall off.
I was able to capture a quick picture of them this year when the sun was out and use it for a watercolor.

I thought I'd share some WIP pictures of that watercolor with you.

I first put down some washes of color.
This is the part I always hate... I never like how it turns out at this stage.
This is the "awkward teenage phase" of art.
LOL

 Then it's time to start defining the flowers a bit more.
A close up so you can see how they go from blob to impression of flower


And here is where I am now.
It's not quite done but the entire paper is soaking wet and I need to let things settle... including my vision of what it will be.

So I'll set it aside for a while and finish it in a day or so. Or sometime next week. 



Do you have any pretty trees or flowers that pop up in spring near your house?
I'd love to know!

1 comment:

  1. I just love your paintings. They remind me of the Impressionists - my fave!
    xo

    ReplyDelete