Saturday, July 26, 2014

Work in progress....

This is a different project than my pen and ink and something I love to do.

I thought I'd share it with you!

It's not done yet, but it's getting there!
Getting started, I want this one to have a very tropical theme and my work area really set the mood too!

I'm messy... you can see the paint splattered everywhere already (including on the plant in the background!

A little bit of detail work.

Some shading and highlights

Flowers now... I'd have done more, but it started to drizzle and that's not good for painting!


This is going to go up on my etsy shop, Whimsy by Kelly when I'm done. (If you haven't taken a peek I'd love to have you look!)

Anyway, I  love to paint and play with color, which might not always be obvious in my other projects, but paint is up there as one of my favorite things ever. 

So this is what I'm currently working on along with my mandalas and the plan for my next challenge template!!!





1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous! I have a treated kitchen stool - looks very similar to this one. I use it in my classroom. I have often thought about painting it with book characters. How did you start? Do I sand it? What sort of paint did you use? And lastly how did you finish it up? I would love to make mine look cool for the kids and me to use. This one is so pretty. Went over to your etsy store - very cool place.

    ReplyDelete