Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Diva Challenge 167- Punzel and Wells

WELL.....
For those that know me in person, I overuse that word. So it seems perfect that I start this post that...

Well....
This one was a very real challenge for me.
I had never even looked at Wells before, and Punzel is my kryptonite. So this was a major undertaking for me.
 I practiced a lot on my Punzel before I started, and I finally GET it, so if nothing else, I win! I still don't love it, which is funny because Chainging which is the base for it, is a favorite. Weird or what? Here is my practice. It's not pretty. LOL


I opted for one of the variations on Wells, because I loved it and thought it looked like pinwheels.
I really was liking the way it came out, but my shading didn't go QUITE right, and I think it looks a little too gray, but hey, it's done right and I mostly like it. (Perfectionist voices in my head again)

So without further ado, I'm back on track with my challenges and here is my completed Diva Challenge for the week.


16 comments:

  1. Lovely - both your practices and your challenge tile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did many tries at Punzel before I finally saw where it was coming from. As far as Well goes, I had difficulty following the step outs as given and worked on it the way my mind saw it. It's good to push ourselves once in a while. I like your final product a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wauw, the second one is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice - thanks for also sharing your "practice punzel"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your tile!! Your Punzel turned out beautifully and so dimensional!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vey Pretty and perfectly created.. .Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Punzel as a frame works very well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like Punter as the border!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have successfully practised Punzel one can see it. It's lovely and so even.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing the practice. So much of Zentangle is about the journey and your completed tile does NOT reflect any difficulties with punzel that I can see. It came out so lovely. Give the perfectionist voices a cookie and tell them that practice makes progress and that is what we are all here for anyway. Well... I babble on. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your punzel looks great it really pops off the page, great tile.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how Punzel works in your border, an d nice well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your punzel looks great. I can really feel the 3D effect working.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice, I think most people would think of Well as a frame. Punzel as a frame is unique. Yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. you've made a beautiful tile - lovely work!

    ReplyDelete