Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Which Schway should I go??

Square One:Purely Zentangle is an amazing facebook group. If you haven't been there you should check it out. It's one of my favorite places to view Zentangle art because it's Zentangle in the purest form.
Every week they have a focus tangle, and to be honest I don't often participate. My head is usually to far into a million different ideas but most of my creativity comes from focusing my mind, so I've decided that back to basics is sometimes really important PLUS it pushes me out of my little ruts and comfort zones.

So...
This week it was Schway.
I've really only done this one, maybe once before? I don't even remember doing it once, but since I went through all the patterns to put in a binder when I got my certification, I'm sure I have.
I obviously did not love it since I've never done it again.
Ok, challenge. As I was doing it I struggled.. and struggled some more, but I persevered, because I don't give up on tiles. But I didn't know what to do with it.. it's more representational than most patterns and that was a problem for me. Which way does it go? Where do I put it... where does it stop WHICH SCHWAY DO I GO!!!!?

So here it is, and I don't love it, but I'm sharing it anyway because I think it's important to realize you don't have to love ALL the patterns, you don't have to like all your tiles.
Someone will. I guarantee someone is going to like this, and that's how art works.
Even if it's not something you think is your best or something you would have done someone out there is going to be in awe.

So go with the flow. Whichever Schway you end up. :)

Still thinking about a giveaway. Trying to decide. :D



2 comments:

  1. I need to be participating in Square One again. Meanwhile, I always visit to see what people are doing, though.

    CraftArtEdu has launched my new online class, so my thing for today is implementing my marketing plan. That's creative, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, forgot. This is Wednesday. Weekly blog post. I'm on that!

    ReplyDelete