Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Bright Owl Dare- #92 Must use Paradox

Paradox is one of the first tangles I ever learned.. and its' one I really enjoy but actually find challenging.
Instead of printing this one out, I copied it into my sketchbook, no rulers, no straight edges, so I expect that it will have a "softer" feel than many.
(This is a terrible picture but since it was just my "before" I didn't bother to mess with it too much.





I'm not a fan of the paper in this new sketchbook.. so I may need a new one and this one can go to the kids but I'll keep it anyway. I think I'd have liked the overall final product if my pencil hadn't been so smeary on the paper. Quality tools matter!

Parts of this came together so easily but others I really struggled with. My original plan was to use Paradox in the star shapes and when I tried it, it looked... well, just wrong. So that turned into something else then I realized I hadn't used it and tried something different. I think I like it but it's not my favorite, I'll try some of these pieces again in the future though!


Not too bad for a lunchtime project right?

2 comments:

  1. I could never finish one during a lunchtime. Maybe 3 or 4 lunchtimes. It's beautiful though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a long lunch and it normally takes me much longer, like I said this one seemed to come together all on it's own!

    ReplyDelete